Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Because, Veronica, after awhile, the auto-correct is re-enabled with automatic updates happening to all of us, even when we turn OFF the autocorrect, it gets re-enabled.

Also, you will find that auto-correct is learning to correct from your history, words you have used before.....
So....just saying....lol....(and this is a joke) how often are you using the word "poop, poop, poop?"

Since I had to ask my hubs on your behalf, he wants to know how often? Lol. I told him you are a retired nurse, so very helpful to everyone, and you can say it as much as you want. It happens.

BTW, he says to go into your settings and turn off auto-correct.
(1)

Say thanks to hubby from me Send. It has only happened on one day but happened several times. Nothing since.When my brain gets to a better place i will find the auto correct and have a chat with it. It is actually very useful because my never very good spelling is aging along with me.
(1)

Well, thank God for you that Acorn stair lift runs with batteries Veronica. :)
(2)

My little boy asked me to buy Frosted Flakes.
"How do you know you'd like them? Have you had them at a friend's house?"
"They said on television that they are great!"
"Ah. Remember we talked about commercials? Those people are getting paid to say nice things about things you can buy. It is their job. It is not exactly lying, but it is more like pretending."
"Oh, no, Mom! This was Tony the Tiger and I know he wouldn't lie!"
(5)

Ahem. Jeanne. Sorry, but your little boy was completely correct in this instance. Tony the Tiger would never mislead little children, and in fact if I remember right recovered to win his boxing match purely by eating Frosties, which proves how good they are for you.
(4)

Jeanne,
Could you tell him how much you liked them as a child?
(0)

LOL.. thanks for the good laugh everyone! I so agree with these silly commercials making everything seem so much better then it really is.

The "elders" I see are probably younger then me (in my 50's) with grey hair but young skin... all smiles. I like the home care ads where all the caregivers are blue eyed blonde hair women who are ultra focused on their client.. and always extremely happy. And "elders" who are still young looking and happy.. no walkers, wheel chairs or depends. They are so happy to get someone to help them... hmmm.. this isn't at all what I experienced. My parents were trying to throw their help out half the time.

Even my parent's memory care facility has a sales video that show all residents being engaged and happy, shows only the higher level residents and they all look so interactive.. all of them engaged in their activities. The meals... the "chef" is cutting fresh vegetables and cooking them in a small sizzling pan. Even though it is a good place and they do have activities and do have decent food.. it is nowhere near how they portray it in their ad.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter