they do not have any paperwork regarding this claim. I've advised her not to pay without proof of account. is there any legal place to report this in Colorado?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
.........but I wouldnt give them a dime.

More than likely this could be an old debt that has been sold many times to a different collection agencies. It probably is past the legal timeframe that a collection agency can collect on it but they are giving it one more try. It could be a real OLD debt that for some reason never was settled or just a scam to collect something from false information they attained. Tell them to send prove and until they can....DONT CALL AGAIN or you will be reporting them to your states Attorney General.

What about the district attorney? I would also check with the Better Business Bureau to see if other people have had problems with this collection company? There is something fishy if they can't provide any paperwork. I would also call the people that filed the claim against your mother in the first place. Good luck.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter