Follow

I just read a post that mirrors my situation. Well, except for the European travels of her brother, but he is the POA. I would have loved to read the responses she got. My mom is not quite as old or at the end of life just yet. But the falls, and her recovering from nearly everything and then entering CHF. Till you think it's you that can't keep going. Losing jobs. Trying to get to a place where I can take care of myself. Lord, everytime I get my head up for air... I'm pulled right back under. I'm not married or even with a significant other. I'm alone in this crazy price, inflated economy. It's absolutely terrifying. At 57 father time is not my friend. Never could I have imagined my life was going to turn out this way. But I love my mother she is as precious as gold to me. She's always going to trump as I promised to take care of her, and I will. It's just come to my realization, who's gonna take care of me?

Find Care & Housing
Please decide to care for yourself. Many are in your same position and have to figure out a plan for their future. I’d best if your mother was healthy and whole she’d never want you to sacrifice your best interest and future for her. Nothing replaces each of us planning for tomorrow
(2)

No one, especially as you’re childless.
(1)

Who is going to take care of you? The answer is that YOU have to take care of yourself and please don’t wait until your mom’s life is over. Start now.

I am not suggesting that you shouldn’t care for your mom.

Realize that you don’t have to do everything for her yourself. You can make the decision to be her advocate and allow others to care for her. Oversee her care and resume your own life.
(5)

You CAN read the responses in closed discussions, Sheepherder.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter