I am writing to vent. My father could walk before the surgery, now he is completely bedridden. He must be repositioned every two hours. He could eat before the surgery now he is fed via PEG. Also he has a colostomy bag. More than half of is mind is gone after the surgery. He mumbles, I don't understand 90%. The remaining 10% is cursing, expressing hallucinations and delusions. He still recognizes me but for some reason he is very angry with me. I guess I am the only one he can express his frustration. He is in a Nursing Home. This is the third one and finally, I have found a place that takes really good care of him. But he is a prisoner in a room. He is unable to socialize, mentally just not capable. Also since his discharge from the hospital about three months ago, he has been having infections. We have been testing his CRP. Now he has MRSA and another hospital infection in his lungs according to a sputum culture. He is being treated by the doctor of the NH and it is going well. CRP going down nicely. Vitals very good. When I look ahead I see years and years of suffering for my poor father and it really breaks my heart.