Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
The dog on my avatar is my new 11 month old grandpuppy! Siberian Huskies have the most beautiful blue eyes and double fur coat. He’s supposed to reach 60 lbs. He’s about 40 pounds now.

My daughter rescued him from a shelter.

I haven’t met him because I haven’t been able to visit Denver to see my daughter yet.

Let’s hope all of the dogs and cats that have rescued from shelters because of people wanting company during Covid will be in loving homes.
(1)

Grandma,

I only made homemade bread once! I think that is wonderful. The smell of bread baking is heavenly!

I love that families are eating together.

Great response, GA. We aren’t perfect and never will be but living in a free country is something to smile about.

Indeed we are a giving nation. You are correct by saying the demand for food and supplies are enormous.
(1)

I just saw a clip on television of Sir Anthony Hopkins making an announcement that he has celebrated 45 years of sobriety!

I think it is wonderful that he is 82 years old and took the time to encourage others.
(2)

We're not in an actively declared war zone; we're not in Iran, and we live in a country that does attempt to provide food and shelter for those in need, although those efforts can fall short simply because of the need for supplies.

There will be a change on Jan. 21.

From what I read and on comments of gardeners finding that seed supplies are more quickly running out, it appears that more people are wisely considering the benefits of growing their own food.
(2)

How about some of the things I have noticed....
Families spending more time together this year.
Families eating together meals that they have made, or ordered and carried back home.
People realizing how difficult some teachers have it and how hard they work.
A bit of a kick back from my car insurance because I am driving less.
I learned to make sourdough bread, kept my starter (Booger) alive for about 9 months..it died when I went away for 2 weeks. Trying to decide if I want a Booger II...
I wish everyone a safe and happy new year.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter