Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4
I don’t think there should be a reply button. You have to scroll down a million answers to find a new reply. You should just answer newest first up at the top. The reply button, nobody ever sees the answer unless it is at the top of the thread. Why are some threads gone right away and some threads stick around? Even this thread is 6 months old.
(1)

Elaine, my observation was that some sites have the ignore feature.  I don't believe we have it here.   If we did, I'd be using it.  

It would take some tech work to create it.

Sorry if I wasn't more clear on that option.
(4)

Where is the ignore option? I don’t recall seeing it.
(1)

Plymouth,

Some forums have an "ignore" option; just click on "ignore" and you won't see that poster's posts any more.    It's used for perpetually antagonistic or obnoxious posters.

AgingCare,

I am REALLY pleased with the colored link to the post, so I can go from the News Feed directly to the post in question.  However, that didn't work earlier today, and I had to scroll through several posts and answers before just giving up as I couldn't find either the gold overlay or the specific poster. 

If I can find that particular glitch, I'll repost.

I am having another problem with private and public posts, which occurs when editing.   The cursor jumps to another section and I can't return to the edited portion w/o deleting and starting over. 

For some reason, the shifting to another section and the inability to control where what I type is entered in the post seems to be the problem.   It doesn't happen every time, just periodically.
(1)

I agree with Gladimhere. There should be an easy way to stop a thread that has gone off the rails. In my experience, admins respond quickly when asked to stop responses to a question but that may be because it was my question.

Also, I wish there was a way to block certain members. I value the support and encouragement I get here but am disheartened by responses that have snarky and mocking tones. The world is tough enough. I would like for AC to remain a place for compassion and encouragement. I understand the report option but am referring to members that don’t directly call someone stupid but choose to imply it with their patronizing words and condescending manner. Maybe that’s immature of me. Honestly some days I can just ignore this person but other days I would block her in a heartbeat...if it were an option.
(3)

Set threads up so that the original poster can stop further answers or comments. They have found what they are looking for. Some threads go on and on, become repetitive and become overwhelming for me to read, much less the OP who is looking for help and support.

A good example is a thread that a hospital is trying to force family to bring loved one home has become so repetitive because the entire thread is so long, people don't take time to read it. Then add in the back conversations.
(4)

OK good to know, there must have been a glitch this morning. I went back to alter my reply a few minutes after making it and the edit option wasn't there.
(0)

CWillie,
I tested the "edit a reply" feature just now on the 'addicted to chocolate' thread, and I was able to EDIT my reply.

However, I think that I still have an excessive NEED for chocolate.

We all know by your example in the past, that chocolate is on sale
after Valentine's Day. Worth getting out for. heh, heh, heh.
(1)

Going to test this out, take it for a spin.....
Then wait for the admins and tech to fix it back.
(0)

And I discovered today that I can't edit a reply :(
(0)

AgingCareCM:

The change made Feb 10 "newsfeed notifications to link directly to the specific post you are notified of" fails when the comments run onto a second or subsequent page. So on the long threads where we most need this functionality, it still doesn't work.

It is a really nice improvement so long as all the comments are still contained on a single page.
(0)

Is that what the yellow highlight is about?
(0)

AgingCare - That's a very good improvement. Thank you.
(2)

Thanks AgingCare CM.
I will appreciate getting a notification, taking me directly to that particular post.

The REPLY feature:
Those posters who have never posted on a thread, for example:
"Had a hysterectomy 23 yrs. ago"
are not going to get a 'notification', and will not find the post hidden in 'reply' where the OP said she had cancer. The fact she had cancer would have changed all of the caregiver's answers, imo.

That post is only one example where things went awry.
(1)

Good afternoon,
I wanted to touch base to let you know of a change we've made to the newsfeed. Based on feedback we received from many of you, the tech team has revised the newsfeed notifications to link directly to the specific post you are notified of. Hopefully this will minimize any confusion regarding where a new reply, answer, or comment can be found within a thread. The release will occur this afternoon, please let us know if there are any issues with functionality.
Additionally we have taken note of the issue mentioned here by some users regarding posts in the newsfeed occurring out of order. This bug is related to the volume of posts occurring at the time of the notification and has been logged by the tech team for a fix. Thanks for letting us know.
(2)

Thank you OUHyperop! You said what I was trying to say in a much clearer way.
Send when I can't find things in a post, that others are mentioning, and I couldn't see the OP said,, I always figured folks got on the profile of the OP, or a private message?? Some posts are so long and with so many responces I sort of figured I just missed it! But that is me,, I may be naïve.. I have noticed the message that threads are closed, but then they keep on going.. if they are "closed" how does this happen?
(1)

1) My private messages are out of order.

2) And once again, the "REPLY" feature has hidden an important response by an OP. We needed that information to make any advice pertinent to the OP. We do not have time to read every previous answer ever given.

3) Older messages that should have been closed:
"This thread has been closed for further comment" "Open a new discussion" are popping up, and new posters, never before posting
find these and answer a thread that has been resolved prior. One was from 2011.

Makes me wonder if the website has been hacked?
(0)

Today my News Feed in all jumbled out of order and I've seen that others have been having trouble posting - WTF AgingCare?
(2)

Greetings & salutations e1-

I feel the ‘like’ thumb is a key factor in what AC is about and it’s mission:
1) it let’s the author know someone read what they wrote
2) contributes to a sense of validity of author’s feelings/opinions
3) confirms that another human being can actually relate to how author feels, is going through, has been, etc.- that somebody else gets them
4) allows author to express themself without criticism or scolding which aids in feeling of worthiness
5) assures author of having support from others
There are many things that simple thumbs up icon means and represents to people who post, it is a positive gesture with huge potential for the author that we may never know details about but what is certain is the author knows from the ‘likes’ that they were not alone for a minute while a faceless stranger acknowledged them. They have camaraderie here. Their feelings are valid and are worth sharing. Promotes an outside connection for the lonely, often isolated, sense of self common in our caregiver roles.
Plus it’s a quick way to put some overall positive juju out into the universe!

With that being said, I have either explained my take on the ‘like’ option, or unintentionally divulged a self profile that inadvertently can aid as a starting point of diagnosis regarding several issues I may possess. Hmph, neat.

xoxoxo
susan
(5)

The "Reply to" feature invites disagreements that are personally targeted. When this happens, it threatens the harmony and helpfulness of the forum. It also makes it hard to find and follow if the response is for an old post in a thread with many replies.
(3)

I want a way to report a new, inappropriate post without having to respond then report my response.

I want the "like" feature completely gone. When there are disagreements and ugliness occurring the feature encourages ganging up and condescending behaviors.
(4)

That's weird, my post got edited and I didn't say anything bad...
(3)

NoTryDoYoda, thanks!  I never, ever noticed those dots.

On another issue, has anyone had difficult revising or editing a post and being bounced from one point to another, while the remaing message collapses into one paragraph? 
(2)

Oh dear, I did not mean I want to see the likes for popularity.. I am sorry if it came across that way. I just like to see who thought my advice was good and if it was on point, or if I misunderstood. I think Cwillie got what I was saying? The validation and understanding, not the ego boost..
(3)

GardenArtist

There are three rather hard to see dots on the right hand side of posts on your wall. Click on them and you will see the option to delete. Your asking this prompted me to go look. I learned something today. Thanks!
(3)

FreqFlyer, I noticed when I first began posting after the site reconfiguration that I CANNOT delete any messages, none at all, as well as the fact that stored messages I deleted before this change were resurrected and now available as if they'd never been deleted.

It appears as though the ability to control message deletion has been taken away from us.

If anyone still can delete their messages, could you share how you do this?

(I'm not referring to posts, but messages, public and private.)
(1)

ITRR, noticed your deleted post. SoHorrible
(0)

As anyone else here noticed on their Private Message board a lot of very old messages recently started to show up?

Usually I erase my messages after reading them, so the PM board is is clear slate. Then the other day, oh my gosh, posts going back to 2017 showed up. I dread the thought of deleting each and every one :P But it was fun the old photo "hugs" the website had back then.
(0)

Oh, it's definitely an ego boost to get a "like". In conversations I feel it says somebody saw and understood, when I give advice it validates what I tried to say. I'll often read through threads and like a post or two without bothering to reply myself if I don't have anything different to add. And I like to acknowledge new posters to let them know somebody does see what they've written.
(1)

Gershun.
That is the point I was trying to make, but missed the mark.
It does not matter if anyone agrees with me. I will try to be sensitive to people who feel the way you do, and not post likes for them.

I feel this way:
I contribute, volunteer, and post to AgingCare. For the thumbs up (or likes), or whether or not no one likes my posts.
Not because I need "likes", or want my name in lights, but I appreciate this feature on the forum.
1) It acknowledges that one has been heard.
2) That someone out there who might not have the time to reply has read your post.
3) That one is not alone, and in community with others.
4) And, I have enjoyed giving out "likes", "thumbs up", and "hugs".

The "likes" or thumbs up is not there to see who is better!
It is not a competition.

A competition is the Super Bowl this Sunday, between two outstanding teams in the NFL.

Two friends who disagree. Love your posts!
(3)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter