Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
I
(0)

I responded to that thread too, Gershun. But at that time I didn’t know my “celebration “ wouldn’t be happening. I understand that people change their minds and traditions change, but these plans were already made and agreed upon a while ago. Perhaps this change could have waited one more year or been decided earlier so I wouldn’t have spent so much time.looking forward to the day.

You’re right. I am changing my mindset. I’m tired of being treated like a minor inconvenience by them. Forget the respect I had for my mother and mother in law. I would NEVER have treated them like this.
(8)

Thanks, friend.
(3)

Hit button too soon. ((HUGS))

I was always and still am, I guess, the understanding one. But there r times I wish I could say "I am disappointed". Not the one who needs to "suck it up" or be the "better person".

Decorate for you. Have a nice dinner, for you. I'm having Lasagna. Make a nice Christmas Day for hubby.
(12)

I am so sorry. I know where you are coming from. When will your feelings mean something. Could they not see that this is something you need. You have a sick husband who one day will not be here.
(11)

I’m sorry your plans have gone to the trash heap. I know it’s a disappointment. I’m sure this is not the same, but maybe take the dollars you stashed to make a special dinner for you and your husband for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. It won’t be the same as the plans you made for your family, but do something special for yourself and your husband. Don’t let the day pass you by.
(13)

Amijoy, I started an "I Hate Christmas Thread" earlier this week.

Basically, a lot of people have stated that the expectations of Christmas are what ruins it for them every year. I'm sorry that you are disappointed but people change their minds, traditions change, people change so you have to change your mindset too. It sucks, but that's life.

Its only taken me 57 years to finally realize that I just have to do me and let everyone else do them and try to meet somewhere in the middle.
(15)

Not a big loss Holidays are over rated nowadays anyway.

You can enjoy time with hubby.
(7)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter