Follow

Here is your “heads up” to set your alarm or DVR to catch the wonderful Rose Parade on New Year’s Day morning. Exuberant marching bands, elaborate floats made of floral materials, and my late father’s favorite, beautiful horses representing equestrian groups from all over.

Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Another beautiful Rose Parade. 😊
(2)

The parade was beautiful! It always is. The floats are lovely! We won another award! Yay! Showmanship award!

I am so impressed with the marching bands.
(1)

It’s a beautiful parade! New Orleans had a float in the Rose Bowl last year and won ‘Most Outstanding’ award.

We have a float in the parade this year too.
(1)

The Rose Parade and Rose Bowl are never on a Sunday, because there are several churches on the route. The Tournament of Roses made an agreement with the churches not to have the parade on Sunday, and the churches let them build viewing grandstands on their property.

And in typical Rose Parade fashion, too, it has been raining torrents here for the last 24 hours, but Monday morning is predicted to be perfect parade weather with the snow-covered San Gabriel mountains in the background shots.

Great for tourism, then it's sppposed to start raining again for the rest of the week.

Parade starts at 8 a.m. PST on January 2.
(1)

CORRECTION: Parade is at 8AM PT on January 2nd.

For some reason a re-run of last year’s parade is being broadcast in my area tomorrow, January 1st (why??), which faked me out.

Also, I’ll add that if you have a choice of broadcasts of the parade on Monday (in my area 3 different channels will be showing it), I recommend the one hosted by Leeza Gibbons. In the past that has been the less dopey presentation. 😉
(2)

I remember going to my aunt & uncle's to watch the Rose Parade back in the days before we got a coloured TV.... I guess we were easily amused🤣
(2)

SnoopyLove, thanks for the reminder. I haven't watched the parade in many years, I may start again. I remember as a kid hoping to see my favorite TV actors be in the parade, like the cast from Bonanza :)

I'll have to set the cat for early morning to wake us up =^..^=
(3)

Thanks SnoopyLove!
That was not uppermost on my mind, and I would like to catch it Live on Roku, if possible.
Great reminder of times past.
(3)

I don't care much for the parade, but I am VERY invested in the football game!

My beloved Utah Utes are once again in the Bowl game---we're hoping for a win after last year's heartbreaker.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter