Care at Assisted Living Homes & Communities
There are many care plans that assisted living homes and communities offer, but the level of care largely depends on how much help a disabled or elderly needs. Types of care offered are usually assistance with bathing, dressing, eating or transportation. Find assisted living care for your elderly loved one and learn more about the care plans available at assisted living in your area.
Articles About Assisted Living Care
- A Lifetime of Memories Vanish for Hockey Legend Stan Mikita
Stan Mikita, famed Chicago Blackhawks player, has lost all recollection of his former life due to suspected dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Assisted Living Staff Caregivers Should Get To Know
When a loved one moves into an assisted living community the flurry of new faces can be confusing for seniors and their family members. Who on the staff should you get to know? Who's responsible for what aspects of a senior's care? If your loved one gets sick in the middle of the night, who should they go to for help?
- Assisted Living Questions and Answers
Find answers to the most frequently asked assisted living questions. From paying the bills to rules and regulations, we cover it all.
- Who is Allowed to Dispense Medication at Assisted Living Facilities?
Wondering who is allowed to dispense medication in an assisted living facility? Laws vary by state. Each state has its own regulations that determine which healthcare works can give medication. In some cases, its a nurse practitioner, but in others it could be a nurses assistant or aide.
- Key Differences Between Independent Living and Assisted Living
In order to find the best fit for an aging loved one, it’s important to understand what types of housing and care are available and how they compare.
- How Health Care Professionals are Trained in Alzheimer’s Care
The amount and type of Alzheimer's care training that health care professionals receive varies, depending on where their job description and where they work.
- Hidden Costs of Assisted Living
It’s possible that assisted living communities provide the hands-on services needed, but it could be an added cost. Find the hidden costs of assisted living.
- The Problem with Placing People with Dementia Under Lock and Key
Security measures such as locked doors are common fixtures in memory care facilities. But how does constantly being under lock and key truly affect men and women with dementia?
- Seniors and Sex: Elder Care Facilities Attempt to Tackle Taboos
Seniors are having more sex. Elder care facilities must balance an aging adult's need for intimacy and companionship with the safety of all involved.
- Tracking Alzheimer's or Dementia in Senior Living Communities
Staff at assisted living and skilled nursing facilities is prepared to monitor your parents' well-being as dementia progresses. You should expect them to track your parent's condition in a variety of ways.
- Ask the Residents: Real Feedback About Senior Living Communities
When touring assisted living facilities, skilled nursing, even independent retirement communities, caregivers may feel like they're getting a bit of a sales pitch during their visit. Here are 12 questions to ask senior living community residents.
- What to Look For When Visiting an Elder in Senior Housing
Here are some tips on what to look for when visiting an elder in senior housing. Learn how to tell if your parent is happy, being well cared for, treated well and much more.