10 Government Resources Every Caregiver Should Know About

Marlo Sollitto Updated

Comments

I moved in my parent's home to take care of my mother Alzheimer's trach care kindney failure breathing treatment feeding tube and I have no income now or a doctor or dentist for myself

I am taking care of my ederly father and financial help with his care. Programs that I have look into tell me that his check that he recieves monthy puts him over the limit. programs in our area dont look at his mothly expenses just what he brings home. I have to work need help with setter care. my dad cannot be left alone

Help

I take care of my 83 year old mother who is paralyzed from her Stroke 20 years ago! She only gets her retirement from being civil service in the air force but was married to my dad and Step dad who where in the Airforce. My step dad and mom are divorced. She is now bedridden and I can't take care of her anymore

Need assistance in transforming my elderly father bathroom into shower he’s 95

I have been taking care of my mother for seven years. I need help financially. I cant work because i have no one to help me with her. And i cant get her what she needs because we only have her ssi and social security income to live on, the electric bill takes a big portion of that. Most days i dont have gloves , chucks, baby wipes, or face mask to prevent myself from getting sick. I would appreciate any help i can get. Thank you

I have not filed my 2016 taxes
I am having trouble concentrating and getting them done and am in such pain .
What can I do
I have filed an extention

Hello, my mother lives in South Carolina. She had a brain aneurysm 2 years ago. She had major surgery and was left in critical condition for several months. After she stabilized she was in a nursing home for a year and a half. She was paralyzed on her left side and blinded in her left eye. After a year and a half she came home and against all odds she started walking and becoming more and more lucid. She is now 67 years old and her income is $439 a month from Social Security. She still has major nerve damage in her legs and can not drive due to the blindness in her left eye so working is not an option even though she would love to get back to work. Does anyone have any advice on how to get her some more income? I live in peru and work with people with mental disorders and do not make any income. I am in the states visiting her for a few weeks trying to help her as much as i can before i go back to peru so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you -Adam

Wondering if there are any resources out there that would cover a walkin shower for my elderly aunt and uncle. My aunt has cancer and my uncle has copd. He also has neuropathy in his feet so my aunt cant trim his toenails because of the lack of feeling.

I was told today that medicare is not covering dementia any longer. This was shared at my mom care meeting today