Adult Day Care Benefits
Seniors benefit from the social aspects of adult day care--and so do caregivers, who can take a break while their elderly loved one participates in crafts, dancing, puzzles and other activities.
Articles About Adult Day Care Benefits
- Kinds of Adult Day Care That Are Available
Adult day care services offer a number of benefits for you and your loved one. When researching options, be sure to take your loved one’s personality and interests into consideration.
- What’s the value of adult day care and how can I convince a resistant elder to attend?
For over-worked, under-paid and stressed out caregivers, adult day care can be a lifesaver. But sometimes, an elderly person resists going. Here are some tips to help caregivers.
- Should I stay with mom while she gets acclimated to adult day care?
Staying with your mom for a while the first time you drop her off at adult day care is a good idea and might help ease the transition.
- Spending the Day at an Adult Day Center
Seniors do many different daily activities at an Adult Day Care Center. Each Adult Day Care center is different, so, to get a better idea of what goes on after a senior is dropped off at the door, AgingCare visited the Hope center in Ft. Myers.
- 5 Common Adult Day Center Myths
Myths of adult day centers center around ideas of adult babysitting and institutionalized care. But, most modern centers are working to dispell these myths by refining their offerings and treating seniors as individuals.
- Adult Day Care May Be Dementia Caregivers’ Secret Stress Weapon
Adult day care is an all-too-often underused service by those taking care of elderly loved ones. But for dementia caregivers, these services may help significantly reduce stress, says a new study.
- How to Pick an Adult Day Care Center
This checklist will help guide caregivers in choosing the best adult day care center that will meet their needs, as well as those of their elderly parent.
- Adult Day Care—or Day Services—Can Fill a Gap for Caregivers
The benefits of these flexible services are twofold. Your loved one can enjoy social opportunities, various activities and added safety, while you are free to work, run errands, attend appointments or savor some respite time.
- When is the right time to take a parent to adult day care?
Adult day care provides social activities, meals and supervision for elderly parents and helps caregivers when they need a break.