Will Medicare or Medicaid pay for adult diapers?

19

Answers

Helped care for my Mother, suffering from dementia, until her passing last year. While not on Medicaid, only Medicare, was able to keep all receipts for incontinent supplies and file on her taxes. Hope this helps

My sister is in a nursing home,can she get adults pull ups on medicaid.

I'm looking to find a company that will except medical for adult diapers since we live in california

janeenn323, if your loved one is on Medicaid, call the case worker and discuss this. It may take a day or two to hear back, as case workers are out visiting clients a lot, but that person can answer your question and also tell you how to arrange for your loved one to order and get delivery.

Does Medicaid in Owosso, mi pay for adult pull up?

If they are on the HOSPICE benefit of MediCARE and they are totally bed-fast, then adult diapers and specialized "wipes" and gloves are covered by MediCARE. They can also get disposable bed pads too. The hospice agency will provide them and the hospice will include the costs in their billing to Medicare. The family does not pay for or be reimbursed for any of this. My mom gets all these services paid for by Medicare as she is on hospice @ a NH (on Medicaid for the NH r&b costs).

If your loved one is on hospice, adult diapers are provided, as are the meds prescribed by our hospice physician. They were not when Mama was on regular home health.

No Medicare does not cover diapers.

will my medicare pay for diapers

Medicare does not pay for adult diapers. My local medical supply store told me that Medicare does not pay for anything "bathroom related" which includes things like shower chairs, too. Medicaid depends on your state. Medicare is a federal program, but Medicaid is a state program. Adult diapers should be supplied by the nursing home and are usually considered part of the per diem charge.