My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2008. All money has been in my name. Will he qualify for Medicaid?

pre-marriage. he only has his Social Security check. We live in NJ. I am 10 years younger and DO NOT collect social security. Will he qualify for Medicaid? I also only own a Timeshare, his name was never on it. Can they take that, or should I buy more Timeshares. We have no children and I have no family that has monies to care for me when I need it. What can I do?

Paula394,

There are many parts to Medicaid that make it complicated for caregivers and their elderly love ones to understand. That's why here at AgingCare.com we have created a special section for Medicaid and Medicare to help answer caregivers question. www.agingcare.com/Medicare-Medicaid

I have included two articles that will help you determine the requirement for and elderly person to qualify for Medicaid.

Hope this helps :)

How Can My Elderly Parent Qualify for Medicaid?
www.agingcare.com/Articles/How-can-my-elderly-parent-qualify-to-receive-Medicaid-136276.htm

Assets You Can Have to Still Qualify for Medicaid
www.agingcare.com/Articles/asset-limits-to-qualify-for-medicaid-141681.htm.

-Karie H.
AgingCare.com Team