Will Medicare pay me to take care of my invalid mother?

Asked by

She had a stroke and cannot walk or talk. I have move her into my home to care for her. I think I should get some kind of help with the expense and 24/7 caregiving, since I had to quit my job to do this.

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Medicare is unlikely to help, but in some states there are exceptions. Medicaid often helps some. However, each state is different (these programs are federally funded but state administered). So, try going to your state Web site. Type "aging" in the search and follow the local links for information. You will find the National Caregiver Support Program on the site (could have a different name). This can also be very useful. Good luck.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support