Is anyone using a baby monitor to hear their parent while they sleep in the other room?

13

Answers

Yes we use a baby monitor with my wife. She has critical care neuropathy and is confined to a hospital bed and wheel chair. We have a 2 story house so it works quite well for me to hear her if she needs me in the middle of the night.

I used a baby monitor that had both sound and a video screen. It wss 50 bucks from Walmart baby isle. Best investment ever . I could see her begin to edge to side of bed trying to get up and be in there before she had the opportunut to hit yhe floor. It also helped me keep an eye on her while i was fixing dinner ror getting dressed.

We did but mom kept moving it or messing with it. We have 4 caregivers that do 12 hr shifts, so it is easier now.

I care for my elderly mom and we live in a very old home that has two stories. My room is upstairs and I have a hard time always hearing mom when she is up during the night. Does anyone know where I can get one of those floor pads that she can step on to alert me if there is a problem?

Yes, we've been using a baby monitor for over 2 years & also a baby cam, it works out mostly ok. I like the fact I can also communicate with h & tell him to go back to sleep.

Nana, the world's first truly unobtrusive sleep and vitals monitor for your little ones. It sounds like a really interesting product if you are parents that are into monitoring your child's sleep patterns, heart rate and movement.

According to doctors, better sleep leads to better child development and better cognitive scores. I guess by being able to monitor your child's sleep patterns, you could give your child better opportunities in terms of development.

Another interesting point is that it has real time alerts on the smartphone to keep the whole circle of care givers up to date on what is happening to the baby when he is in the cot.

i use a baby monitors and it works great. You have to have a good one though. mom calls for me at night and when she needs me after naps during the day. It's been a lifesaver. I need another one for when she is sitting throughout the the house so I don't have to keep moving the base unit.

Yes, Iam and have been for about a year. It works good the only problem I have with the one I have is it makes a sheeeeeeeeeee sound when I turn it up so I can here her. This keeps me awake. Another model may not do that this one was used my by grandson and my daughter gave it to me.

At the very end for my dad the door bells didnt work because he forgot how to use them. He was pretty much blind when he died and he had dementia so learning and retaining anything was hard. He sure knew how to yell at the end though. He did not know anyones name but he remembered the word help. You are right about the background noise being a problem. You could not watch tv unless you watched the same channel, turned off the sound and listened through their monitor. I dont know about you but each of our tvs is off a little bit. In one case i could watch jeapordy in one room upstairs and ask the question in the room downstairs. It drove my brother crazy until he figured out what i was doing. Sometimes you have to take your chuckles where you can get them I guess. I kind of love to bug my brother.

I have tried baby monitors with little success too much back ground noise What I have found that works pretty good are cordless door bells I have one taped to both my dads and my husbands side rails on their hospital beds and on dads wheelchair also my small dog has a sixth sense when something is wrong and lets me know good luck and God bless you