Urine odor in the house, any suggestions?

Help! My husband is on oxygen so he can’t smell it, but my entire house reeks of urine. He spilled his urinal and didn’t notice until the next morning. I have bought all of the chemical products on line and even at the pet store. The smell has made it close to impossible for me to eat. He is on a feeding pump so he isn’t bothered by the smells. He wants me to remove the almost new carpet and make do with the concrete foundation. I am so sad. Our house has become a giant sick room. I am his only caregiver. He isn’t good about changing his pull-ups or bathing. I tell him what the doctor said, that to avoid a possibly fatal urinary tract infection he has to change twice a day. He is capable but very stubborn.

If the urine is in the carpeting, you might need a carpet cleaning specialist. There are many home remedies online, try those first if you`d rather save on costs.
Caregiver108, if hubby insist on removing the carpet, you would need to have someone put a protective coating on the concrete, otherwise the concrete will soak up anything that is accidentally spilled on it, and possibly any odors in the air.

Assistedvillas above had a good idea about trying home remedies. I remember reading the using white vinegar is good for odors. Like simmering the vinegar... the house will smell like a huge salad for awhile. I might give it a try myself for pet odors.

Really, the house does not smell like vinegar. My Mom had a BIG accident. I cleaned with Pine Sol and bleach could not get rid of the smell in her area. A friend suggested that I put a bowl of vinegar in the bathroom and leave it for a couple of days. The smell started to leave in the hour. 24 hrs later gone but I left it for a couple of days.

Sorry to say that the urine probably got into the carpet mat. You could tear it up and put linoleum down. Just something cheap that will be easy to clean.
My Dad was a stubborn person. They don't make it easy on the caregiver. He also did what your husband does. I told my husband I would be there to care for him but if he gets stubborn he will go to a home.
one person's trash is another person's treasure. this sounds wonderful to me. my mother's house is up on stilts, underneath the carpeting is plywood, which if the carpet is 'soaked' would probably be ruined as well. i can't simply tear up the carpets anyway. there would have to be something similar to replace it since she is a huge fall risk, most likely it would be more shag carpet. i.e. stains, rinse and repeat. ours do not smell, at all, and are relatively clean at the moment, however, i absolutely love concrete floors with a nice glaze on top. some of the restaurants in town starting replacing carpeting and going for this look a while back. i would go for it if i were you, what a relief it would be for you.