How do I transfer Mom to another nursing home if she is already on Medicaid?

I keep looking for info. over the internet about Medicaid/Nursing Home's rule about transferring Mom to another nursing home to no avail. Mom has Alz's Disease and is in Memory Care unit at a nursing home. They placed her there from hospital last April. The problem is it's too far and there are two nursing homes that have Memory Care close by. How do I start the process of transferring her to one close by so that I can be with her more often? I am her POA. Thanks in advance.

23

Answers

1 2 3
If this is indeed your desire which I imagine it is, you inform the Social Worker at the facility where your mother currently resides and ask her to send your mothers referral and clinical information to both of the facilities in your area. It is their responsibility to assist you with this transfer.

in 2016 Medicaid has NO legal resident time required but I still don't know who pays for the ambulance to move her from one state to another

My brother had a stroke about 10 months ago which rendered him immobile. It's very difficult for me to travel to Durham when I need to see him to take care of personal business. My brother the patient (Daniel ) has been under Dr. care for about three or four yrs, being transferred from one facility to another, because they are not equipped to solve his condition. He was scheduled to have a
neck operation on the 23rd of May, however, it has been determined that he may not be strong enough. Instead he will have an MRI and blood work to determine the fate of suggested service. I feel he will be able to get more proper treatment if he had some family member to make decisions in my brothers behalf. I am his POA in reference to his health care. An expedient reply will be greatly appreciated.

I have a brother at Kindred Transitional Rehabilitation in Durham, NC. My brother wants to transfer to MD. to be close to his family even though he will have to be housed in a similar VA approved site. How do I satisfy his (brother's request?

Moving: at your own expense, not covered since it is not "medically necessary"
Crossing state lines: Do Not Attempt. Medicaid stops as soon as you leave the state. Again, no transport coverage.
Moving within the state: If you cross a county line, services must be coordinated with two different social service agencies. There must be an available bed. Transport is not covered, you pay.

I want to move my wife from one nh to one closer with better care. She is on medicare and medicaid. She had been in this same nh home before. The care is better and she knows the staff and it would be closer for me to travel. I am her home care giver and 2 weeks ago I had a minor stroke so it would help her and me to move her to the nh closer.

my parents are in a nursing home in florida, it takes me over an hour to get to them , there is a nursing home about 10 mins from me in the same state, what or who or how can I get them transfered closer to me, I am the only child that lives with 60 miles the rest of the kids live at least 6 to 8 hours away , where do I start please help thank you.... Deb

I am in Tx my mother is in a NH which is not taking care of her. I have found her another NH close to me ibnstead of 20 mi away. I would like to know is there help to help transport her 20 mi. My care is too small.

Long question sorry, but my brother wants to move to NC. His wife is very bad, has MS and completely bedridden. My brother loves his wife and wants her to move too into another NH., near him in NC. She is on title19 in CT.
Can she move? How? Please help. Thanks

1 2 3