KRAFT Asked June 2010

What are some tips on keeping a bedroom potty chair clean for an elderly parent?

4

Answers

195Austin Jun 2010
I was in a drug store look for something and saw liners for commodes I also wonder if you can get an extra bucket so one could be soaking while the other is be used. The suggestions listed above are the best if you use the linners you would need a diaper pail which might not be worth it.

pamela6148 Jun 2010
Keep Lysol handy. I keep Lysol in the pot, and delute it with water. Keeps it from smelling. At the end of each day I clean it with again lysol and warm water. Great disinfectant.

Eddie Jun 2010
K:

Liquid Tide, plenty of hot water, and a sturdy toilet brush should do it. And as YR said, leave a little water in the bucket to make it "non-stick." Time: about 5 minutes.

-- ED

yearight Jun 2010
I keep a pack of disinfecting wipes and gloves handy. After dumping and rinsing I wipe the bucket and add a small amount of water. Always leave some water in the bucket. It helps dilute the waste product. I also wipe the lid and seat when needed.