My name and my moms name is on the title of a mobile home. How do I take her name off shes gone into a nursing home?

Asked by

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
In Illinois, where I am, a mobile home is considered a vehicle. So you can sign a bill of sale from the two of you to you or someone else. I believe it would then be filed with the DMV here.

You might want to search online for "transfer of mobile home" and include the state the mobile home is in to find out if it works the same way in your state.

Best to you and your mom!

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support