How do I take charge of her finances?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 5 of 5
do i need a lawyer to take control of her finances
Is she willing for you to take charge of her finances? Has she signed a power-of-attorny document naming you to act on her behalf? If not, is she competent to do so? Will she?
I siigned something for if she is in the hospital But i dont think that was a power of attorny She is competant but other family members will object maybe
If she is competent (in a legal sense) it doesn't matter what other family members say. She can appoint anyone she wants to handle her finances.

Since there may be objections, I suggest that she have the power of attorney document drawn up by an attorney, to help ensure it would stand up to any attack in the future.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support