What do you do if your spouse is not supportive of your caring for a parent?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Balancing relationships is one of a caregivers greatest challenges. Generally, people can work out compromises, such as paid care for some of the time you'd spend with the parent. If you want the parent to move in with you, however, I wouldn't do it without the full support of your spouse. This can be a difficult situation even for a strong marriage. If your spouse is against it, you could find it's a nightmare. Better to find other living arrangements now than have to switch in the middle. Marriage cousellng may help as well. Good luck.
I hope that you can find a compromise everyone can adjust to.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support