I live with my parents and care for them and I'm concerned my siblings have taken advantage of my parent's finances. Do I have any legal power?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
It depends a lot on who has Power Of Attorney and the mental condition of your parents. If you intend to go the attorney route, be sure you have some facts to go on. This could tear your family apart. However, if you are sure this is happening and that your parents are being taken advantage of without their knowledge, then you can see an elder law attorney. In the end, you parents have control of their finances unless they are considered by a court to be impaired, so take that into consideration, too.
Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support