Mom was diagnosed with bronchitis 3 weeks ago and is on medicine, but she is still having symptoms. Should I take her back to the ER or keep her comfortable and treat the symptoms?

My mom is in the later stages of alzheimers. She was diagnosed with bronchitis 3 weeks ago. she is on her second round of z-;pack. she has been taking mucinex dm for the same 3 weeks. she is still coughing a lot at night, and more so during the day now. She is getting some of the junk out, but not always. My question is. Should I take her back to the ER (per doctor) or keep her comfortable and treat the symtoms?

Since this is a matter of comfort, and her doctor wants her looked at, I'd take her in to see if they can do more. I don't know why he says ER unless he thinks it's an emergency, however.
She may not recover from this totally, but this coughing is tough on her. If they have a different medication that can help her - maybe even an asthma inhaler for short-term use - she could be more comfortable. I'd have her looked at.
Take care,
Do you have nursing or hospice support for your mom? That would sound reasonable.