My grandmother has Alzheimer's and her mobile home is in her name only. How can the family sell it so she can get Medicaid?

Asked by

We will need to put my nana in a home. however, she cannot sign over her home to the family because legally she is not sane to do so. So if she can't sign it over and sell her mobile home then how can she get aid?

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Medicaid recipients are allowed to own a home. This should not disqualify her from receiving Medicaid benefits. When the house is sold the state may have claims to the proceeds, in repayment of the care they have paid for.

If Nana has no other assets and has only a modest income, start the Medicaid application process as soon as possible. Have you selected the care center she will move to? The staff there will be able to give you guidance on how to go about the process.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support