My mother had a stroke and has breast cancer. Can I start receiving her SSI Check if she were to pass?

Asked by

I have no income but hers, and have been taking care of her for years.

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Top Answer
You can't receive her SSI. When she passes her checks will stop. You need to contact your state governmental long term care provider to see about getting payed to care for her. Also perhaps you would quilify for some welfare help.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support