I am getting too much from unemployment to receive Medicaid, how can I get health insurance?

Asked by

I'm 64 yrs. old,,,,,,,,,,,,getting unemployment since March. I was denied for foods stamps and medicaid cause I was getting too much from unemployment.
I do need some kind of health insurance for my health. I don't know where to go.I would like some insurance that don't cost a arm & a leg,,,,,,,HELP

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
None of it's cheap, but you can see if your state has a pool for people with pre-existing health conditions who have lost their insurance. Many states do. You have a year to go before you can qualify for Medicare (unfortunately very common after so many layoffs of older workers). It's a troubling gap for folks of that age. Please contact your state insurance office for suggestions.
Good luck.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support