I have asked for a Fair Hearing, if I lose the hearing CAN I RE-APPLY FOR MEDICAID AND START AGAIN FRESH?

My medicaid reinstatement was cancelled by my Social worker because she said I failed to prove how I made enough money to pay my rent. I gave her 8 letters from people who had helped me with my rent I was "gifted" by them, but I have not heard back from her, nor will she respond to my inquiries! I have asked for a Fair Hearing, if I lose the hearing CAN I RE-APPLY FOR MEDICAID AND START AGAIN FRESH?

Oh gosh Tex, maybe you need to go to a lawyer. They have legal aid attorney in most counties for people that are on limited incomes. They are free or may have a small fee based on your income. Were the letters notarized? Do you have a bank account and bank statements. It would help if you could show where you deposited these amounts and then paid the rent. Sometimes Medicaid looks funny at "gifts" and says well why can't these people keep paying? I would try to find free legal aid. I wish I could tell you more, but you need someone that knows a lot more.
In my state, you CAN reapply. Many cases are denied the first time due to lack of sufficient information or documentation. As you gather more information, you can reapply. If you have difficulty following through with paperwork and the like due to depression or memory issues, and have a doctor or someone helping you who can document THAT in a letter, that will also help your case. Good luck, hun.