toadballet1 Asked March 2011

Has anyone found a website that rates Assisted Living Facilities?

I have found plenty of sites that will "help" you find an ALF...but none that will rate facilities by state. Medicare rates NHs...but not ALFs.

Has anyone found a ratings website?

5

Answers

Meadowview Oct 2016
The State government agency that regulates the ALF should have a list of facilities by county and includes information about violations. In Texas, its the Departing of Aging And Disabilities. That might be helpful.

AllisonLaw Jul 2012
I have been looking as well. I look forward to seeing if anyone finds anything!

trudas Mar 2011
I know... I was searching since I am sales and marketing at an AL to see how we compared to others in the area but I could not find any reviews or anything actually ... let me know if you come up with something.

toadballet1 Mar 2011
I was hoping to find a site much like the Medicare site that allows you to read ratings and compare facilities in each state.

Even though ALFs are not rated by the gov. I was hoping that someone found a website where people can write reviews, etc.

So far I did find a good site for finding docs, hospitals, and nursing homes. It is called UCompare Healthcare. Btw, I wonder if "Angies List" has ALFs? hmmm...

trudas Mar 2011
I don't think that there is one because AL's are not state regulated (normally). What state are looking for an AL in?