Incontinence products that don’t leak?

We use Depends extra absorbent “heavy” pull ups for Dad. At night, he seldom wakes up to use the urinal at bedside.
Why do all the adult diapers leak? Baby diapers don’t leak. Is there an item that I just haven’t found yet? We’re desperate!

34

Answers

1 2 3 4
There is a catalog called Gold Violin. My mother found some EXCELLENT diaper products for my father.

i just switched to the tranquility smartcore diapers though the VA and have not had any issues

I agree with the tranquility brand. Mom leaked thru depends and even Tena diapers, but not these. I will say that they run very small to size. She weighs 110 and I can barely get them up her. They do rip easily on the seams to get them off. I bought them on Amazon, worth not having to wash all the bedding when she would move the pads and leak thru.

Hello: I had the same problems with my Mom, 90, she is urinary incontinent and now fecal. A few years ago I started putting two pull ups, plus a big pad on her. It works well, especially when we were out, and she wet pad and pull up, I ripped off wet ones and she had on back up! I added a pad to pull-up, “pullies”, and just pulled up her pants. Easy for both of us. The last few months she has prolapsed rectum problem with weak splincher muscle. Not life threatening. Now I put on three pullies and an extra large pad and works most of the time. I buy men’s extra large pull-ups, diapers, urine pads, at mostly Walmart, as they are cheaper. I buy any brand at stores with sales. I also frequent GoodWill for adult diapers, pull ups in all sizes. I modify small into pads.
I buy “pet” XX LARGE pee pads, cheaper, big, infused with odor control. I care for both parents.
So Dad wears smaller pull ups!
My Mom saw a Colo-Rectal Surgeon last week and will have a colonoscopy next week to determine treatments. My Mom is five years colon cancer free. I hope my post helped.

I would use Amazon to purchase Abena adult pull-up diapers. They were a little more expensive than some, but really helped a lot with my dad. The ones you can find in retail stores don't see to do it. We did use pads in the bed (I ordered those from Amazon too) and my mom would put a shower curtain liner underneath the sheets as well.

GaryWear diaper covers are the so-called "rubber pants" I mentioned above. (They are not rubber.) They make the difference between going out in public, or staying at home with fear of wet pants from leaking.

Do a search for them or for incontinence products. NorthShoreCare.com also has other less expensive diaper covers. Good luck searching and trying.

We use washable panties by Wearever and a pad on her bed for my mother. They have help cut down on her soiling the bed and rugs. They can be resused. Here is the Web site wearever.com. Hope this works for you.

Try a specialty store for the elderly.

I had the same problem with my parents. I finally found a diaper that did not leak and could stay on for up to six hours. I use to wake up in the middle of the night to change both of them until I found North Shore Hospital supplies. They are great. they hold a ton of water and poop. I have been using them for at least a year now. They are expensive but to me they are well worth it. I tried so many kinds none worked but these do. the only time they had a leak was when they had really watery stool from some medicine and that was only one time. I think if you could afford them its well worth it.I also tried the insert pads and it didn't work for them either. go onto north shore hospital supplies and look up the size you need . they will send you some samples before you buy. cant hurt to try them.............good luck...

I have tried every adult diaper for mom. I find that Tranquility Overnight brand works the best. Sometimes still leaks but less than others. More importantly, I found an overpant called GaryWear Active Briefs that are waterproof that I put OVER the adult diaper (at night or if we go out). Haven't had a leak since using those. Hope this helps. I understand your desperation.

1 2 3 4