How do I place my mother in a facility if she refuses to be interviewed and won't sign a POA or apply for Medicaid?

Asked by

She is in the middle stages of Dementia and the meds she is on at present are Galantimine and Trazadone which seem to be no effect at all so her doctor is changing the med program tomorrow.

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Top Answer
If your mother has already been diagnosed with dementia, I do not think she can legally sign a POA or any other legal papers. You may have to seek guardianship. Speak with an elder attorney about your options.
Thank you that is what I thought too.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support