My father has dementia, my mother has osteoporosis and can barely walk, and my 50-year-old brother had a stroke. Will Medicare pay me to care for them full time?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Medicare isn't likely to pay you for this. If they are on Medicaid, (for the poor) you may be able to get some pay.

Each state has different rules. Try your state Web site, and then type "aging" in the search box. Look for links. If you can't find anything, try asking people with the National Family Caregiver Support Program (this may have a slightly different name in your state) for help. A link to that should appear with other information.

Take care of yourself. This is a lot to handle.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support