My nan has dementia and in 11 months has progressed from living alone to being bed ridden and immobile. She can only cry out. What can we do?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
You might should consider a hospice agency. Alot of people have a misconception that hospice is only for those with terminal illness, but not anymore. Hospice can have a nurse come out to do a full assessment every week and work closely with doctors to make sure your loved one has everything they need if transporting them to the office has become a problem. they also will send a cna out to do her personal care, wash hair, give baths, change bed linens, etc.. they also provide any medical equipment and pay for some medications. the program has changed so much and is worth looking into for extra help. it is fully funded by medicare and medicaid. so you don't pay anything out of pocket.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support