My mother sees people in her apartment each night. What is it? No one is there . Please help me!!

28

Answers

1 2 3
TNT5197, the first think I'd do is have her tested for a uti. Urinary tract infections can cause hallucinations in elders.

My Mom who is very sharp with everyday life has recently been seeing people sitting on her couch. She's certain they're real but can't figure out how they got into her house with the doors locked and the alarm set. Her daughter died over a year ago and she still can't believe it. She does not take any sleeping pills. The people she's seeing are complete strangers.

This phenomena is called Sundown Syndrome. My sister in laws mother was seeing people, monkeys, tigers in the back yard. This occurred every night around sundown. My brother then put privacy shades on all the windows so she could not see out. This helped a lot. The dr. Also prescribed an anti anxiety med for her to stay calm. It all work.

This phenomena is called Sundown Syndrome. My sister in laws mother was seeing people, monkeys, tigers in the back yard. This occurred every night around sundown. My brother then put privacy shades on all the windows so she could not see out. This helped a lot. The dr. Also prescribed an anti anxiety med for her to stay calm. It all work. Her mom also had advanced cataracts on both eyes. They were so bad they could not be operated on. So eye sight played a part in this syndrome. One night she woke up screaming because she thought the rug on the floor in her room was a tiger.

Some people say that the paranormal exists, I believe so too. I wonder how much is dementia, how much is age and visits from spirits.

My mother was the (same way) might want to have he or she check for bladder infection. It can make them hallucinate . My mother ending up having a bladder infection she if fine now don't do that anymore Medications can do that as well all doctors want to just give Medications Doctors are not god don't mean its' a good thing for them just cause there doctor says so. I used my own best judgement and it always been the best even if a doctors says she should take it! Hope this helps you

My mom is the same way. She says she sees things. In my culture, it means that it is close to their time to leave this earth. But my mom's been seeing things for ages so who knows.

My mom has dementia and has many "parties" with her "friends" and their children. Thank God, they are happy hallucinations, so far. She also has Macular Degeneration and I am told this is associated with hallucinations as well. In the beginning, she would ask herself if it was a hallucination if they didn't answer her back and then leave the room, but now she no longer can distinguish, as the dementia and vision deteriorates.But as long as they remain "friendly", we kind of go along.

1 2 3