How can my mother document the money that her ex-husband gives her for taking care of him as countable income expense?

Asked by

Can you please tell me what my mother needs to bring with her to the VA office for her ex-husband. She is his full-time caregiver and he pays her monthly with cash. How does document this as countable income expense. Thank you.

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
I would call the VA to ask what paperwork she needs and if she does not have what they need ask how to get the information there is always a way to get what you need after all others know more about us then we think when my husband died within days his pension was removed from our checking account but months later they tried to tell me they did not know that he died when I tried to get half his pension that was due me they just act dumb a lawyer was able to set them straight real quick.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support