I'm taking care of my mom who has dementia. How can I get financial help?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 3 of 3
Does your mom receive any VA benefits from your father? This is a poorly used resource that a lot of people dont think about. What state are you in? It may depend on what resources your state has.
I have said it dozens of times and I will say it again, "Get an attorney that specializes in elder law." This is a specialized law, so be sure they specialize in it. An elder law attorney can advise you on all the programs, benefits etc. that are available to you in your area. I wish I would have done it from the very start.
I agree with Bonnie. Any eldercare attorney can be invaluable! They are fairly expensive, but WELL worth it! Good luck!

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support