Are there any legal ramifications accept money from an elder for care?

My mom has been living w/me for almost 2 years...I quit my job and ended up moving my mom down to Florida. After my dad passed... my mom decided she wanted to live w/me & my husband, she also wanted to "pay her way" therefore, contributing a set about of money that we agreed on to pay for any increased bills that occurred while living w/us; does anyone know if there will be any legal ramifications due to this???
Some things are just not that black & while.

Perplexed & frustrated...

It sounds like a logical thing to me, with her 'paying her own way'. Good for her. Are there other family members that will take action against you about this? It's the whole 'the LOVE of money is the root of all evil' thing that will come back to bite you if mom has money when she dies and there's family out there that wants it But if there isn't anyone clamoring for her money, then I don't see a problem.