What's involved in moving a parent from 1 nursing home, to another, in another state?

I am soon going to be moving to Las Vegas, and my mother is in a nursing home in Pennsylvania, where I used to live. I was wondering what is involved in moving a parent. I'm just starting out, so I guess I should try and find a nursing home out there for her to go to - I mean, that's pretty obvious, but then I'm not sure if a nurse has to accompany her on a flight or how everything is sorted out, so if anyone out there has any advice or experience or tips regarding this, would you let me know? Thank you, Julie

Much depends on how sick your mother is (whether she needs a nurse or a family member). I'd think she'd need someone to travel with her. As far as arrangements, yes, you should make sure there is a room for her in the nursing home you want. You can get some help with the logistics from the long-term care ombudsman for your area by typing the Zip code into the site at www.ltcombudsman.org. These people are a font of information for long-term care. You can also find the contact information on your state website. Good luck,