I am totally disabled and on SSDI. Mom is 82 and only on SS. We are renting and the landlord raises rent every year. We have nowhere to go. Where can we go?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
I would think you'd qualify for subsidized housing, but there is often a waiting list for those units. Do try, though. Your SSDI should entitle you to that, and your mother's low income should entitle her to some senior housing program. Somehow the two should come together, but you'll have to work with local authorities. I know it's all intimidating. Your Social Services folks should be able to help you.
Take care,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support