My husband throws a fit over changing his shirt when it is wet on the bottom where he has urinated on it. Is this common?

He can't wear button shirts so we use polo with a collar. He goes crazy and screams and hollers. You can not make him do it. Sweet talk doesn't work or explanations. Does anyone have any suggestions. Baths have gotten almost impossible. I just wash what I can when he is willing. Basically he is in charge.

Would you be able to have an aide come in during the day-he might accept someone else's help. Has he been diagnoised with dementia -maybe some meds would calm him down so you can give him care-how is the rest of his behaivors-is this the only thing that makes him crazy -if all his care is as difficult maybe it is time to place him -it sounds like he may hurt you if he gets a little more angery.