How do I receive compensation from caring for elderly parents?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
This is a common question without a good answer. The only program I'm aware of is through the Veteran's Administration. Even it is not a direct compensation program. Check with a local Veteran's Service Organization:

I understand some States provide family caregivers stipends through their Medicaid program. It's not much either. Maybe a fee hundred bucks a month.

If you parent has assets, the Medicaid program may allow your parents to compensate you for up to the amount of salary your were making. If you are still employed no additional compensation is likely.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support