How do I start caring about things again and doing the normal daily tasks at home?

Please see a doctor. Depression shouldn't be handled alone. There are combinations of therapies that can help, but you need to seek medical assistance first. You could be amazed at the difference, if you do get help. Please follow up, and let us know how you are doing.
Deep Breathe, I felt hopeless after Mom was killed in a facility, but am taking it one day at a time. I was worn out by caregiving and did not think I could go on another day doing it, and now wish I had another day. Take a walk, go get coffee, read a book, something for yourself. I did seek help from a doctor, and they do care and thier concern made me fell beter just to know that they cared about ME. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Blessings, Bridget