My 83-year-old mother lives at home, has a kidney transplant and is diabetic. How can I get financial government assistance for her?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
I'm assuming she is on Medicaid. If not, you may want to look into it (unless she has a good amount of money). You can go to your state Web site and look under something like "aging services." There you should find contacts and many links to support. Find someone to ask specifically what can be done given your mother's specific needs. Most financial aid, even if it is federally funded, is state or county administered. I wish we had one place to find out all this information, but much depends on where you live.
Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support