How can I help my 79-year-old mother with late onset alcohol dependence?
My mother needs an alcohol treatment facility that:
Features treatment options for abuse/dependence among older adults
• Age-specific, supportive, that aims to build the client’s self-esteem
• A focus on coping with depression, loneliness, and loss
• A focus on rebuilding the person’s social support network
• An appropriate pace and content of treatment
• Staff members who are interested and experienced in working with older adults
Any suggestions? advice? help?