How can I help my 76-year-old father-in-law is an alcoholic and a womanizer?

Asked by

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
This is so sad. If someone could get to him and get him into treatment that would be good. Is he a veteran? They are generally very good about coping with alcoholic elders. Alcoholism is a disease, but it can cause people to do thing like your FIL is doing. If he's been drinking a long time, he may be going into alcohol induced dementia. He needs medical help badly, and as you know, getting him to get help isn't easy. Try the VA if he qualifies.

Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support