kalkan11 Asked March 2010

My 90-year-old father has dementia and just moved into assisted. If I'm his Power of Attorney, should I have his mail sent to me?

3

Answers

toadballet1 Mar 2010
You can have somethings sent directly to you or have them addressed c/o (in care of you). I just had most of my Mom's bills sent to my email and I pay via online bill pay. Saves SO much time and I have a record of everything in one place.
I've also spent a lot of time getting her off catalog mailing lists...wow, they track her everywhere she goes and sell her address to other catalogs...

lcs Mar 2010
I have POA for my mom and this means I handle her finances for her. Several of her expenses are automatically deducted from her bank account but the rest of the bills are now directed to my address. As POA it is my responsibility to be sure Mom's financial affairs are kept in order.

linda09 Mar 2010
yes u should have all his mails directly to u . other wise his bills wont be paid . it be inthe trash or layin around piled up .