How do I get my mother back on her feet when she falls onto the floor?

She only weighs about 130lbs but she's dead weight.

IF 911 is available in your area I would call them exp. if she is not able to assist at all in getting up does she use a cane or walker or does she fall often and is it because she rushes doing things if it continues you may need to get a lift or have someone available to assist you if you try to get her up alone you will only hurt your own back.
If she's falling or sitting on the floor that much, it may well be time to move to another way for her to get around like one of those small wheelchairs from home health. However, have the doctor order it and insurance will most likely held pay for it.
I pull a chair close and one can usually help to pull themselves to a place of comfort. A gate belt may assist you when positioning one.
Medicare will usually pay for assive devices as lonf as the same thing or similier has not be gotten for that person in the last five years.
On Youtube, look up
senior fall prevention
elderly fall prevention

have yet to find video on how to lift someone up who has fallen, but there may be one. Otherwise tons of good advice, ingenious devices you might consider.

The few minor falls my mom had, i used a padded low foot stool for her to put her forearms on. A chair is too high, initially. She'd have to roll over onto her knees and start to push herself up. Then a chair is better height.

But nothing says action like my strong next door neighbor.
AlzCaregiver you hit the hammer on the nail when you said next door neighbor. My mom took a fall once after she'd had her stroke. She was in the hallway and we were walking back from the living room to her bedroom. Don't ask me why I let her talk me into thinking she could do it....anyway I tried and tried to get her up and she just didn't have the strength to push herself up and I couldn't pick her up. I placed a sheet underneath her and dragged her into the bedroom hoping she could hold onto her bed and pull herself up, no way.

Finally after about 25 minutes, and a whole lot of sweating, I went x the street and asked my neighbor for help. He was very glad, and even gave us his phone number in case we needed future help.

Now I transfer her like this. I pull the walker up to her bed or wherever she is, I also use a gate belt, and I pull as she holds onto the walker. I slowly turn it to where she's going, the wheelchair, the recliner, the pot and as she feels for the closeness she's able to transfer to that comfort zone.

I don't know if that helps but I just wanted to share it with you.
I have done all the suggestion from everyone and they all work but finally had to make the doc. order a lift for my mom. Medicare will pay if the doc. request it. Mom fell so many times that I had to get the lift. She would just forget how to walk or stand and down she would go. Good luck.
ksue I had that lift too, it was way too big and kept getting in the way. I had the equpt company come pick it up. It's nice and fit right underneath the hospital bed but it was just too big for the room. You must have a large room.
Is your mom using a walker or cane? If her falls are infrequent, such aids are no-brainers. Are there rugs, uneven floor surfaces,
or tight spaces or poorly lit areas to negotiate?
If she's falling alot and is largely unaware of 'danger' spots, she should probably be evaluated by her doctor and opthomologist.

If she has some upper body and leg strength and is steady, then each time she falls -- be sure she hasn't injured herself--have
her get on her hands & knees and hold onto a chair seat, put one foot flat on the floor to begin to lift herself, then the other foot. With a gait belt of gentle steadying, you & she should be able to get her up and onto the chair.

Frequent falls may be a sign that something physical or neurological is awry.