Has anyone not genuinely cared the person you have to take care of?

87

Answers

1 2 3 4 5
In your heart you do care but you are tired. I saw this with my father-n-law and other friends as caregivers. Give yourself a mental break and know you are normal and human. When I need to regroup I listen to my christian music. I get a new hearth then I can go on as I have to

Yep, set your sights, draw your lines and stick to it. I have chosen to become Houdeani(sp?) when she wants to fight. We have also choosen which battles to fight. Some are just not worth it...for anyone.

We have to stand up for ourselves!!!
I've been walked on plenty; I know!!!!

Am working on standing up daily and boy does it bug her...It is so sad. But I can see crazy making a block away and she does it any way. Just want this to end one way or the other, who knows my neck and head pain may kill me, just as over!

While it would be nice if you could continue to help your overworked mother, she needs to realize what this situation is doing to you. If she doesn't understand this .. then make sure you seek professional help. I believe that not seeking out your own life could have serious consequences for you. It is one thing to help and another to be used. I am 62 like your mom and I have an 85 year old mother who made me feel responsible for every crisis in her life and alwyas let my siblings off the hook. Now that she is 85 ... they do not want anything to do with her and here I am, very very angry and hoping to find a conclusion to something that I should have resolved a long time ago. While we may love our families, they are not alwayst perfect. Sometimes you need to just stand up for yourself. I hope you can work it out.

Great to hear you are moving forward. Just post on here if you feel stuck in a rut. Keep your eye on the prize!!

hey hey...guess what, that doofy bus paratransit packet?........well, it is a go, but A: They spelled his name wrong and B: They included some other ladies pass as well!!!

We called em they will send out anew one and we have to shred the others. OK but still moving forward !Thank you golfbhard, am making an effort, and I do journal, constantly like some people smoke almost, I think I'd feel edgy if I couldn't, have em going back to 1984> scary<

JSomebody

You keep posting here and we will try to prop you up. I really want to see you have a "LIFE" of your own. Keep on keeping on....keep reaching out and ask for help. You sould extremely intelligent and are good with words. Maybe you should journal every day. That is good therapy in itself. Hugs!

shnasta

Sorry for calling you by the wrong name earlier.

I read over your profile and noticed you mention your husband. Frankly, I'm surprised that he has not taken the children and left by now in order to save them and save himself from that living hell. So, what is your husband's view on all of this? Does your mother qualify for medicaid?

Never been to Maine...but I hear it is beautiful. One step at a time..just keep moving forward...you will get there. Keep pressin' on. Just start somewhere...anywhere..then at least you are moving toward your goal and it will come together. Reach down and grab those boot straps baby! Just remember you can do this!!!

1 2 3 4 5