Can I force my difficult father to seek medical advice?

Asked by

Mother to scared to help as father can be "difficult"?

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
I'd suggest a third party. If your mother is scared, the situation isn't good. She may need to leave. You can call social services and ask them to do a welfare check.

It would be great if your father had a friend who could talk him into seeing a doctor, but he may be past that point. Your mom needs to be considered and you likely can't handle it. Many people respond better to outside "authority."

Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support