Where do I find velcro shoes?

I am looking for some easy on off shoes for my dad. I'm thinking velcro would be easy. Is there a store that carries shoes for the elderly?

13

Answers

try footsmart they have all types of shoes including Velcro.

You can also try curly shoelaces - they don't need to be tied, just pulled closed. Just search them online - you'll find them. I got some for my mother.

I found Velcro shoes for my mother from Dr. Leonard's - found them in their catalog. My mother needed extra wide and these were perfect! Shoes are so difficult to fit; I was surprised how well these worked out.

I got both of my mom's velcro sneakers from Walmart. VERY reasonably priced too. Since she has a wide foot and lots of feet problem I got the men's and not the womens. Can't tell any difference.

my 89 year old father wears velcro sneakers. you can get them at walmart. I have seen other velcro shoes at the medical supply stores.

My parents shop for their sneakers with Foot Smart. They have online shopping, too. I would give the url, but we know what happens to urls in the group. Zap!

Zappos is where I bought my husband's Velcro slippers. The insert is removable. Old Friends is the brand. They come in wide to accommodate his edema. Although pricey (76.00), they have lasted 2 years so far and still look good. Zappos is great, and shipping back and forth is free in case you need to exchange them. I buy lots of shoes from them. (This is not a paid endorsement (:D).) Velcro shoes are also available here. Call the staff if you have questions about measuring the foot , etc. They are very nice.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Just a comment, not only OLDER women may need velcro shoes!!!!!!!!
There are certain diseases or conditions that even younger women can find this type of shoe, helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try footcomfort, zappo's, or just "goggle" velcro shoes!!!!!!! You can also get them in medical supply stores, but they are very pricey. If you can find a clearance shoe that fits you on the on line stores, it would be a better buy. Look for the sites that will let you send the shoes back and forth without a charge. Once you start buying shoes this way, you will get better at it. Also if there is a certain brand that usually fits you well, that is the way to go. Although some of the styles in the same brand can be completely different as well.