Is there financial aid for my mother who can no longer care for herself?

Is there financial aid for our live-in 84 year old mother who has lost her memory and cannot care for herself alone? If so, where do I go?

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Is she on Medicaid? Whether she is or not, I'd go to her state's Web site and look under their version of "aging services." You should find contact information there and options to look into. Most aid is administered locally, even if it's a federal program.

Good luck. This is a frequently asked question. I wish there were one good, positive answer.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support